Ten on Tuesday - 10 Eco-Chic finds at Big Lots! Who knew?!

April 15, 2011

Being eco-chic does not mean unloading your wallet for organic, natural products or giving up your style for bland clothes. Eco-chicness encompasses reducing resources - all resources - while still living a creative, fun, fabulous life.


One of the ways that I do this is by saving $$$ - all the time. I buy all of my natural, organic products at a discount - or use the savings from those products to stock up at the farmers market ($15 worth of delicious cheese anyone?) I apply the same concept to my wardrobe. Some of my work staples come from Goodwill or Village Thrift. And then there are my Hunter Boots...my first splurge of 2011 but I'm so in love with them that I wear them when the sky even *thinks* about rain.


So I was in shock when I discovered the wide range of eco-chic products carried at Big Lots. There really are some hidden wonders (like the über-fancy vanilla!) on these shelves if you know what you are looking for...and keep your eyes wide open! Big Lots has definitely become my go-to shop when the eco-chic deals are spare at other stores...go and see for yourself!


BTW, I was just exploring the Big Lots website and they have created a shopping card called Buzz Club Rewards. I'm not 100% but it seems that you can earn up to 20% off your order after spending $20 in the store 10 times in a year? Sounds like an opportunity for making an even sweeter deal!


On to the deals!!


I found 4 or 5 different types of Tom's of Maine toothpaste for $2.50 (Could it really be easier to cross something off your Ten on Tuesday - Eco-chic your Bathroom List?)


image

Method baby products...The first baby is making an appearance in our family sometime in October...I will definitely be adding these cuties to my gift at the shower!


image

$1.50 for lotion is great - and even better for USDA Organic lotion!! (that means it is the real, organic deal)


image

I've never heard of this brand but the list of ingredients passes a few of the checklists for a good hair product. $2.50 for a product that doubles as a shampoo and body wash. The stylish bottles will also look great in the care packages I send my brothers!


image

The largest container of glass cleaner ever. It would take me years to make my way through this bottle - and it's only $4! Hmm...I'm pretty sure that no one will want to visit me with all the hints about my dirty home!


image

If you have to kill some bugs, do it in the best way possible! These are $6-8 at Home Depot and Wal-mart but only $3 at Big Lots!


image

Seventh Generation Spot and Carpet Clean for $2.50. This is a good price for Seventh Generation...I've gotten cleaning products for less at Target but never carpet cleaner. I didn't pick this up then but now we do have a few spots that could use some 7Gen love. I will probably go back this week...


image

Biodegradable food storage containers anymore for $2.50?


image

Or maybe some kitchen utensils created from recycled plastics? Love the measuring cups.


image

Method candles and oil warmers...$3. These are $6-8 at Target. Soy-based candles are better for you in so many ways and I would love to put one on a candle warmer in my office!


image

Canned green beans anyone? I actually love canned green beans...they bring me back to my youth!


image

All the Kashi crackers you can dream of! Several of these crackers were only $1.60. I always buy Kashi products when I can get them for $1.50 or less with sales or coupons. Who knew I could just cross the street to Big Lots and get them without the hassle? Yay!


image

You will never have an excuse to eat non-organic or natural cereal again...


image

I'm not joking...one of the easiest switches you can make! They even had organic kids cereal too! I wonder if I could score some organic Cocoa Puffs or Count Chocula? That might be the best day of my life.


image

No (non-organic) soup for you!!


image

Indulge your juicy side with some Cranberry or Grape juice! I love to mix some juice in with my Soda Stream water to make an Italian Soda - delicious and refreshing!


image

Some iced tea for picnic on a hot day? Honest Tea ($1) actually says that it uses plastic instead of glass bottles (widely deemed as the better container) because it uses fewer resources to transport the bottles...very thoughtful. I still try avoid individual bottles as much as I can (some days are better than others...) but I do enjoy a nice peach Honest Tea with lunch every once in a while.


image

These are delicious! And only a $1. Enough said.


I'm planning on devoting just a smidge more of the blog to deals of all sorts...so be ready to save green! Is there a product that you would like to try? Let me know and I will be sure to keep an eye out for deals!

No comments: